04 October 2009

Cold October Day







Some recent snaps of the reading and writing club members reading to the P2 students(it reminded me of the buddy system at Santa Clara!), standing with the PIASCY group last friday after they had performed some amazing song and dance routines and taking a soda break with the teachers at St. Theresa.
______________________________________________________________________

Its cold today. Brrr. Walking to work (just up the hill from the bus stop) i got so dirty. Only the main roads are paved, everything else is the red dirt that i love. That i love on dry, non-windy days.

This past weekend my amigas came over and we celebrated a birthday. There was pineapple stir-fry, apple crisp and champagne (awful, awful champagne.)

This coming friday is Uganda's Independence Day. I think i'm going to get a watermelon and stand over a foot bridge pretending i'm watching fireworks. Maybe it'll come close to celebrating the 4th on the Jefferson Bridge before it was closed off. My laptop has a game that when you win, fireworks shoot off, so maybe i'll bring my computer along. ;)

All my love

Ps. Thanks Bob for the amazing teas and candles! They are wonderful! The vit C came at a perfect time, just as i was gettting a cold. Thanks Karina for the book, i finished it in one night! Thanks Tommy for the quality package you sent that only a fellow ugandan volunteer would be able to do. Pens! Thanks Matre for the sandals~ Oh my mama, you are the best.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that champagne. Sad:( We'll just keep trying. There has to be one good brand of alcohol in this great country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lil leste, why am i not the best?
    tell me what time and day and ill go buy fireworks and sent them off and probably you can see em. Well I am working on my accounting homework as of now and I am just about through with it. I'm with my friend Will. ahhh life, its going very well lil leste. I have my camera with me and I think I will start taking it with me where ever I go, just in case. la la la. ahhh life. isnt it grand? say yes! hi little slugga. I miss you getting mad at me and making me feel guilty for being so spoiled...i love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi your mom is here at vickery greenhouse right know hows it going? great we hope.



    benny & paul said hi

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's cold here too! brrr~ a chilly 64!
    nice pictures, do the club members read to the P2 students after school? or during the school day? What grade/s are the members in?
    The book is big! Nice illustrations :)
    Where was the second picture taken?
    I like the sign in the back of the building~ "help friends make good, good choices."
    Truly what defines a friend.
    I hope you do find a nice foot bridge.
    ...the watermelons were always so sweet~
    it must have been the leaning over~
    remember the first year we discovered jefferson bridge had been closed off?
    Javier thought he could get us through all the security blocking the bridge. :)
    ~it did pass the time till the fireworks started.
    Eating watermelon while watching the fireworks from fair park, lone star park, and who knows how many back yards...would never be the same.
    Where could you spit the seeds.
    wishing you sweet watermelons,
    bridges,
    fireworks,
    and
    seed spitting fun
    on Uganda's Independence Day!
    kwagala tanto, con carino, be good!

    ReplyDelete