29 September 2009

Thanks Lucas

For the delicious coke gummy candy. Yum!

on saturday i went to a graduation celebration with my friend Amanda. we arrived when the speeches had already begun. the master of ceremonies interrupted his speech and introduced us saying "they have been sent by the queen." We got to sit up front with the guests of honor. Typical day in the life...

on monday i walked to five schools in five hours. i was pretty proud. i may not have accomplished much in the way of teaching, but i did get some good excercise and got to walk deeper into the villages. It made me wish i lived in a more rural, quiet place. The red dirt roads, quiet walks with the sounds of banana leaves, barefeet, etc.

5 comments:

  1. gummy coke candy? have a sip for me!
    leave it to JLPA to find the unique~
    you were sent by the queen? geez, i will have to update my plans for your room...:)
    was this a high school graduation? let us know the nature of the speeches, or your favorite one.
    me too~ wishing i lived in a more quiet place, but, i wouldn't have buelita across the street, tia, tio, and JLPA down the street, 8 minute drive to work, cesar's taqueria:O,... aaahhh, the trade offs.
    you wouldn't have met pauline!
    enjoy your walks!
    con carino, be good

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh whose this Pauline character? dont forget about the quigles!

    Well Celeste, the past two days have been utterly perfect. yes utterly. Im sitting on a cold steel chair in the shade with some sun shining through the trees, where it has no leaves. The lake is in front of me, quiest as can be waiting for the breeze to run over it. Im listening to Mirah "Archipelago". I think of you. I think of you. such a beauitful day, more beauty than i can take in. i miss you Celeste. Smile. I ran this morning, the sun was still asleep and while it was rising I thought of you. I thought of you, your our sunshine 'Leste.

    "so goodbye my love, i miss it when its gone. goodbye my love."

    lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your fellow ambassador from the queen. After you left the master of ceremonies said the queen had called you back and that is why you left early. My friends that were there were very upset with me for not correcting him and saying we are ambassadors from Obama! A rivalry between the Queen and Obama? Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. test.
    only a test.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it worked!!
    yay!
    i will send out the news!
    hasta luego~
    te amo, tanto
    con carino, be good

    ReplyDelete