26 September 2009

Good Morning September Sunday


_______________________________

Yesterday I had a busy and wonderful day. It was full of friends, talking and celebrations. At the end of the day I made potato soup. And it was delicious. But it was more than the potato-y, starch-y flavor, it was spiced full of memories. Of sitting at la Madeleine, watching people walk by at Northpark, or getting into the jeep on a cold day in December and going for a drive near SMU looking at Christmas lights. That place was only in north dallas then, but maybe by now one’s been built between the trinity and cedar hill. An oak cliff gal can hope.

I wish I had more to write about work, but as you probably know, it just isn’t there yet. I’m hoping and working and hoping some more that I’ll make some steady/good work soon. I’m going to start giving tippy-tap demonstrations after this next week. They’re hand washing stations made outta wood, jerry cans, and string. Mainly.

Have I told you guys that I miss you?

I’m doing well and enjoying the good Ugandan life. Of course there are days when I am quite frustrated/annoyed/anxious/exhausted and just plain grouchy. (I try to stay away from writing on this online journal those days, since I feel like even a positive attitude is slightly jaded at this point.)

The only things I am in “need” of are letters, emails and photos from ya’ll. I have most everything readily available since Kampala is only a hop, skip, n’ a jump away. And thank you for all of the letters and care packages you’ve sent. They are pieces of pure joy and I sing a happy tune all the way home from the post office.

All my love~

8 comments:

  1. hello my little bug sister! isnt that crazy, your my sister? well im at the MET (oh sorry thats what we call the cafeteria here at UT Tyler) sorry a little college urban wordin. Well I have a small, but huge project due tomorrow for accounting, which I just figured out right now. I will be starting it after this short, but quaint message. Then a tutoring session for biology from 4 to 5, then back to doing my project, then dinner (hopefully) with a nice gorgeous girl, whose smile I have to say is quite breathtaking. I have been writing more poetry, I don't know if anyone is reading it on my facebook, but I still write and I keep most of the rest on my computer for my eyes only. To answer your nice thought, there is still not an La Madeline in oak cliff or south of the river. ahhh an oak cliff guy can dream. oooo you remember when we use to go to Austins BBQ? ok ok ok, yes i know you remember! Your probably like, grinnning oh do i remember? ohhh quigles so much to learn. ohhh if you only knew my little big sister, if you only knew. I had a nice day today and i woke up to your text this morning. I had a nice 11 mile run, had a nice relaxing breakfast. I then showered and went off to church with these two pretty girls with pretty smiles. I had lunch with them also. Oh i forgot to write when I was talking about biology earlier. Everytime I am in biology class I think to myself, "I can't believe Celeste majored in this and FINISHED, with a degree from THE BEST UNIVERSITY IN TEXAS!" Amazing. round of applause once again. I am doing well in running and school. I have a postcard you wrote me once, "I bet you 10,000 dollars you will be the only one to ever enjoy college." You'd win very easily by far. I probably should end here, well no I probably shouldn't. Well,nothing ever ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste!! i can see the pictures from falconland! Nice. very nice. Yum, potato soup~keep hoping, maybe before you get back. Funny you mentioned the one at np 'cause it is the one i would think of too~the one on midway brings different memories, those special treats after picking you guys up at st. m's ~blueberry tarts!
    What is a jerry can?
    Work will happen, it is happening!
    i really enjoyed the tape, Pauline sounds sweet and huggable, give her a hug from her mama arista. :)
    i am in agreement with Stefan, biology, ut , pc, speaking lungandan, cooking potato soup, impressive...
    kwagala tanto! con carino, be good~tu mama.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot to say i love the flowers!
    are they from somewhere near the school?
    they are so bright!
    and beautiful,
    como usted!
    hasta luego~

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s.
    Correction, "I can't believe Celeste...with a degree from THE BEST UNIVERSITY IN THE WORLD!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. ayy stefan :)
    texas is pretty big...
    in it's part of the world.

    celeste, in one of your much earlier blogs you had written about how you would wonder if you had put the windows up on the jeep when you would hear the rain at night...i had the same feeling tonite! i came to bd not expecting to stay long, then alarms start ringing...long story...as i am walking back to my office i think i better call the boys and let them know why i'm coming home late~ oh yeah, the boys are not there. weird. do you still have those moments?
    have i told you i love your pictures?!
    The weather is changing!
    it is that wonderful time when you feel the sun one moment and a cool breeze the next.
    some leaves are starting to change, but the paleta man is still passing by ringing the bells!
    it will soon be time to walk farmer's market
    people watch
    eat berries
    buy pansies
    and lots of violas~
    i will take you and the boys
    with me
    and make sure we all have a good time!
    te quiero mucho, con carino, be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you guys going to the fair? i say you and the quag should go. will bean be in town?
    mmmm, i miss paletas. maybe more than bluebell.. . okay, maybe not

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope to go this year.
    there will be a new light show!
    Zubras set up the lights~
    i am sure they will be spectacular!
    ...and i may have a belgium waffle :)
    while missing you.
    have a good thursday mija
    con carino, be good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Celeste, how are you? This is Martina tia Carmen's sister. God Bless you for all of your hard work!! I love looking at your pictures,and so happy to hear that you are doing well and enjoying what you do.

    Bendiciones,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete