20 October 2009

Wash Your Hands


__________________________________

Handwashing Day was last thursday and we had a small, slightly disorganized event. There was singing, a dance, a poem and a short skit. The lower primary really liked the skit, and i think everyone else just wanted to go to lunch.

But the upside to Global Handwashing Day events is that i have been helping schools build tippy-taps. I have a sneaking suspicion that the kids are going to break them within the year, or someone is going to steal the wood. But hopefully just making them will show the kids they have control over their health.

Thanks mom for the recipes!

3 comments:

  1. Tippy Taps!
    thanks for the picture!
    i was wondering what they looked like.
    your challenges sound very familiar...
    presentations, students ready for lunch(aka-socializing),newly built items broken...and yes, the best part is someone was listening!!
    ...and then one day there will be another 'celeste' willing to give~ a little more~ to the lives of faraway brothers and sisters...
    life's circle,
    of love.
    te quiero, y te extrano
    con carino, be good.
    mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep spreading that handwashing message. Imagine, something so simple with lifetime implications!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey little lest. how are you? the tippy taps are a good idea! IM A GOOD IDEA! la la la. soooooooooo
    life....I hope when you read my entry that you read it as though I was talking and exactly how I would say it. There should be a smile on your face, head should be shaking, and saying "Oh Quigles!" When will I get a blog entry!!! I always hear about that senorita Paulie and MOM! :(

    Well the day is quite sweet and the sun is dancing. It is a gorgeous day. Im in a gorgeous mood, as you probably can tell. I have a lot of studying to do today, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Life is good!

    i love you little leste

    ReplyDelete