08 February 2009

Almost thursday

I don't remember the last time i was so nervous about a thursday. Such a regular sounding day right? I'm guessing i will be feeling anything but "Regular" when mom drops me off at the airport at the crack of dawn with my bags packed (but not too packed) with odds and ends and clothes and pictures.
As i'm putting all of my things into bags, i'm realizing i may have to leave some things here. With a 80 lb weight limit, i've already said goodbye to things i thought i couldn't live without; Goodbye guitar, see ya coloring books, hasta la vista laptop.
And this weekend has been full of much harder goodbyes to family and friends. Its hard to leave the people i love, but i know they will all be with me there, in spirit, and that helps me feel better about "goodbye."
I'm going to have to cheer myself on to get that first foot through the airport door, then i'm going to take a deep breath, smile, maybe hum an uplifting tune to myself and get on that airplane!

4 comments:

  1. celeste, i feel soo proud of you! proud that you are my friend! you got me all teary-eyed.. i am gonna pray for you every night! (we all are i'm sure) and it's not 'goodbye', it's 'see you later!' :D
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as I watch you in that 'little world' you create, when you are in the middle of an adventure, leaving notes everywhere, counting days, humming, making piles, wondering aloud what you have gotten yourself into... my eyes water and my heart smiles. I wait for my turn in this 'little world' and readily jump in, when called. I will miss making you breakfast and of course your input on solving the world's problems during our morning drives. Oh yes, and your hugs. See you moments later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Celeste!!!!
    Uganda?!?!?!? The mother land right?lol EXCITING!
    Please keep me informed.
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. celestial seasonings...

    i am so sad that i wasn't able to say "see you later" in person! but i am soooooo excited for you and will be praying for you while you are there! i am somewhat jealous (should i be admitting that for everyone to see?) but more thrilled that you are going to be able to experience such amazing things over there...things that none of us back here will even be able to imagine! so live it up...you are going to have a blast!!! i love you and we (im speaking for all of the tinajero's who love you to death) will miss you greatly! be careful and we will be waiting for updates! love you, celestial!

    ceci tinajero

    ReplyDelete