20 April 2009

Post Trainee... Pre Volunteer

The prospect of almost being at site makes me feel excited and nervous all at once. I think there is a big ball of emotion inside me rolling around soaking everything up! Plus i haven't talked to my momma or brothers in a long time and i just read an email from them and almost cried! (Out of joy and of course missing them...)

Saturday we had our homestay celebration and Sunday was busy with packing and saying our goodbyes to the friends we had made in our town. I was able to say goodbye to the family i met the first weekend when i went to mass. They were like a second family to the second family i have in Uganda, very welcoming and full of joy. We played a game of tag except if you cross your fingers or squat down on the ground the person who's It cannot tag you. So i was It for a long time. And the little one had a great time giving me commands in English (that her older sister was passing onto her.) Sit down! Dance! Comb your hair! Sing!

And this morning we said goodbye to our wonderful families and made our way into Kampala. We will be busy with training tomorrow and then we swear in as volunteers and leave to our sites on Wednesday. So far i know that i will be living right outside of Kisubi.

Thank you for all of the emails you have sent keeping me up-to-date on all the goings on. I think there has been a snag in the snail mail system, but im sure i'll get the letters/packages that have been sent soon. Thank you for thinking of me and be sure that i think of you all the time!
A big big hug

4 comments:

  1. Celeste- keeping you in prayer as you travel to Kisubi and start a new chapter in your life! Everyone sends their love. Take Care We love you very Much and are very proud of you! Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celesteee: You go girl. How was your speech. It is certainly an adventure. Hasse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all is well Celeste!
    You look AMAZING! I love the hair!
    You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. celeste, i carry your spirit with me everyday! aaaahhhh, being 'it', i remember it well! builds perserverance(they say). :) ~sounds like it was fun, especially for the little one! You(and anyone with an older brother/sister) know how that feels, the rare times you get to give the 'commands'...bliss. The little one will remember that day with joy. Be good, con carino~

    ReplyDelete