04 May 2010

for Cinco de Mayo


_______

Happy 22nd Quag!! I'm glad to know you're still doing awesome things back in texas; running marathons, finishing university, writing poetry, hanging out with that bean. I love you and can't wait to see you at the end of the year....

Today i thought of you when i started my run... the sensation of being free and light-footed lasts for about 200 meters for me... but i thought, "this must be how stefan feels when he's running.." and i smiled to myself!
______

An Art Day


Today i learned how to make paper at an organization called Paper Crafts. It's located in a town called Bwebajja about 5k from my home. They offer well made and creatively designed products. It was refreshing to see a well run organization led by and fully staffed by Ugandans. They are efficient, happy and making a good profit. They sell their products to Banana Boat, a high-end craft store that markets to mostly foreigners. Their website:

In the afternoon i went to a local artists' association to teach how to make friendship bracelets. Their workshop is down the road from my house and I stopped by their small market one day and found out they just started their association and are just beginning to teach crafts to the local women for an income generating activity. I told them i could contribute my friendship bracelet "skills" and they said "you was welcome." So today i went and taught about 6 ladies and 4 gentlemen. I had a very nice time sitting under the trees, making bracelets, trying to keep up in Luganda.
___
Happy Cinco de Mayo

6 comments:

  1. yes,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEFAN!
    9:26 s.m.
    on the 5th day of may
    you joined the 'outside' world!
    no crying~
    you were an optimist from the beginning!
    and i held you next to my heart
    safe, loved
    with Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the picture
    of my four~

    Well done!
    Friendship bracelets~
    martha stewart extend!
    what a joyful day!
    of sharing to help others
    who will help others...
    ahhh, the power of one.
    celeste, the website address did not come up
    could you please post it again?
    gracias!
    con carino, be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9:26 a.m. central time
    22 years ago
    your first little brother
    joined us!
    as javier called him,
    a bouncing clown,
    always 'bouncing' back,
    with a smile~
    and how thankful we are for the person
    who gives it!
    again,
    Happy Birthday Fats!
    my punki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay,
    just to awesome!
    (sorry javier, still one of my favorite words)
    had to come back
    and let you guys know the
    word verification was 'Bless'
    so, be blessed~

    ReplyDelete
  5. www.papercraftafrica.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just got your last post! i was wondering.

    Thanks little Mom!

    Happy Mothers Day~

    ReplyDelete