19 January 2010

Hola Pennys

Just a quick note to say happy birthday tio vincent and lucas!
How does it feel to be a year older? Lucas! can't hardly believe youre 16. What in the world! I think it means that i'm.... well, let's just say in my twenties.. ;)

Happy Day to you both!

____________

I started the life skills workshops at the university and have really enjoyed getting a Ugandan perspective on things. Though some perspectives are a little hard to accept/process/digest.
Cant write too much right now, but Uganda is doing well, trying to win the battle of who can hold out longest in the January heat, but i think i'm gonna win.

4 comments:

  1. ...and i am in my ..hmmm,
    well, who cares ;)
    JLP will surprise you when you get home!
    i see him in the school halls and
    it is good to see "the dinks"
    no longer dinky, above the crowds~
    heat?
    us too!
    it has been in the 70's
    !!! yay !!!
    taking a lot of self control
    not to hit the garden centers
    and spend
    all my food, utility, gas, children
    money!@*
    reality sets in when
    you look at a calendar.
    January.
    i hope your heat wave does not last too long.
    good to hear you are giving more life skills classes.
    what age group do you have?
    excited to hear more!
    con mucho carino, be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Joseph Lucas says " Hey Cuz" Thank-you for thinking about me and sending me such warm greetings from Uganda!It feels great to be 16! I have my driving permit and have been driving around with my mom. Maybe I can drive you around when you get back! My Dad says Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Mom sends love and says another package is on the way. I miss you Celeste-Love, Joseph Lucas & Tia Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you hiding yourself these days, love? I haven't heard from you in WAY too long. I had a "little" malaria this week. Wished you were around to nurse me. Next time. Glad Lifeskills are going well even though they apparently are controlling all your time leaving your dear friend missing you. Maybe see you in the near future?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. that post is from me - Amanda - not sure why my name didn't make it on there:/

    ReplyDelete