08 May 2009

Thank You Posta Uganda

I finally received packages that were sent in February/March. And thank you so much for the assortment of love you sent! They will be taken care of (savored to the last drop if food, tacked up to my wall if pictures/cards, and gratefully taken to heart if gentle words of wisdom...)


Other than a wicked toothache i have been doing great in Kisubi. I've played games with the girls who stayed on campus over the holidays, learned how to crochet a scarf, tested out my ugandan cooking skills (by making spaghetti!), taken walks around the neighborhood, gotten my bike fixed(turns out someone must have accidentally switched the real bike chain with a fake bike chain, which is why it broke the moment i began pedaling), organized my room to feel like home (stuff on the walls, pictures of home on the mirror) and tried to speak Luganda with shopkeepers.

Thanks again for the letters and packages. They brighten my day!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Celeste! This is Veronica, Ramon's girlfriend. I can't believe soo much time has gone by since we first met at your going-away party. But I am soooo happy to catch up on all your blogs. YOu're such an amazing writer and soooo inspirational. I'm also extremely happy to see you're enjoying your "vacation" away from home. Yes, it's work and work gets tiring but you're handling things so well, and the fact that you're learning so much, is well... just so impressive and admirable.

    I wish you many sweet dreams under the African moon, many warm reads under Mimosa trees with beautiful breezes off Lake Victoria. You should take a picture of the sunset over Lake Victoria every night. I can guarantee you that each one will be entirely different and so completely special. I look forward to your upcoming blogs, laughing along, almost tearing up with joy for your adventures and many, many blessings.

    Vaya con Dios ~ Veronica Vargas

    PS> Ramon says Hiii and he misses you!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PSS: What's your email address??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mija Celeste- Busy weekend here! Talked to Martin on Mother's Day & he just had a concert. He's doing well at RIT. Took Welita to visit her Mom, Ramon, & Javier. She was so happy- made her Day! She still has her Africa map on her door & the decorations you hung for her. She sends her LOVE & PRAYERS. Tio Vincent is staying busy with your Mom and Lucas is competing in The Great Debate at Austin College in Sherman- so say a little prayer for him. I'll send more goodies. Take care of that tooth & so glad you got your bike fixed!! Lots of Love--TIA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tia Teresa and Tio Vincent are here and helping the Rosales family get into the 21st century. We are anxious to hear from you. We are working on a care package. We will try to follow you on this blog. Thanks to Tia we were able to get on. The pictures are wonderful. Can't imagine all the experences you are having. We love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mija, I hope your visit yesterday to the dentist went well. No more candy, no more gum! Okay, some. A fake chain, never would have thought it...good to know you have a bike with a real chain, are the tires 'real'? I can hear your laugh~ and you saying "Mom! quit it, you can't be funny". I have imagined your busy-ness creating home, away from home. Don't forget to write on your mirror~ my momma love me! be good, con carino

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola!? Donde estas? Que paso con tu diente? Estoy apurada. Ojala que todo fue bien. Debe de llover manana, pero despues debemos de tener una semana viendo el sol! He llovido mucho este mes. Pensando en ti. comportate bien, con carino~

    ReplyDelete